home Python and Accessibility
Relevance to Python
Building GUIs with Python?
- According to the PSF and JetBrains 2021 survey of Python developers ,
there's not a lot of desktop and mobile GUI development being done by Python developers.
- Why that's the case might be a good topic for a longer talk, maybe it's the packaging?
- Projects like BeeWare , addressing packaging and
enabling building desktop and mobile apps in Python using platform native components,
might be a game changer.
- Also according to the survey, there is a lot of web development done in Python,
- I suspect that means there is a lot of web content created by Python developers.
- And now with Web Assembly (Wasm) ,
Pyodide , and
PyScript , Python bursts forth into web content development!
- and those technologies will inevitably show up in
Electron and Tauri .
back, Some Tools for Accessibility? next, Standards and Guidelines